Amazon Music is a music streaming platform operated by Amazon. There are four subscription options — Amazon Music Free, Amazon Prime Music, Amazon Music Unlimited, and Amazon Music HD. The Amazon Music app is available on desktop, iOS and Android devices, and also as a web player.
How to make a playlist:
iOS AND ANDROID DEVICES:
- Open the Amazon Music app on an iOS or Android device.
- Tap the “My Music” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap “Create New Playlist.”
- Name the playlist and tap “Save.”
- Select the artists, albums, or songs to be added to the playlist by tapping the “+” icon next to their name.
- Tap the “-” icon to remove the artists, albums, or songs.
- If necessary, switch between categories at the top of the screen.
- Tap “Done.”
- To make changes to the playlist, tap the three dots under the album art at the top.
- A pop-up will appear.
- Tap “Add more songs” to reopen the ‘add music’ page, or “Edit” to make changes.
- Tap the red “-” icon next to a song to delete it; songs can be added from this page as well.
- Tap “Done” when finished with the changes.
DESKTOP APP AND WEB PLAYER:
- Open the Amazon Music desktop app or web player.
- Click “Create Playlist” on the right hand side in the desktop app, and on the left hand side in the web player.
- Name the playlist.
- Click “Save” to create an empty playlist under the title.
- Click “Explore & Add” to begin searching for and adding songs.
- To delete an added song, right-click on it and select “Remove from My Music” from the pop-up menu.
- To add a song to an existing playlist, right-click on it, select “Add to Playlist” from the pop-up menu, and then choose the desired playlist.
How to stream on desktop:
- Log into your Amazon account.
- Click the box with the three parallel lines at the top left corner of the screen.
- Click “Amazon Music” to be redirected to the Amazon Music home page.
- Use the menu on the left side of the screen to create, access, or add playlists, and to search via an album, artist, or genre.
- The search bar at the top left will allow browsing through all titles available.
How to stream on mobile:
- Download the Amazon Music app from the App Store or Google Play store.
- Launch the app.
- Enter your Amazon login information.
- Tap “Library” at the bottom of the app to get a customized home screen where new lists can be created, and playlists and recently added songs can be seen.
- The play or pause control will be displayed at the bottom of the screen while music is playing.
- Tap the three dots on the screen to receive more options, i.e., the option to download, share, and so on.
- Amazon Music Unlimited and Amazon Prime Music songs can be downloaded for offline playback (Offline Mode) in the following way:
- Select the music (song, album, playlist, etc.) to be downloaded.
- Tap the three dots on the screen, and then tap “Download.”
- Amazon Music HD subscribers must re-download offline music to stream in HD or Ultra HD.
- Amazon Prime Music is only accessible within the Amazon Music app; thus, it is not possible to export titles for use on other apps and devices.
- Similar to Apple Music, songs purchased from the digital music section of Amazon must be deleted on Amazon Music for the stream to count.
- Avoid bot-like behavior.
- Do not loop a song or use only one playlist.
- Interact with the app by skipping songs, changing playlists, and so on.
- When creating track focused playlists, add 2 – 3 other songs in between two consecutive focus tracks to avoid filtering of streams.
- Do not shuffle the playlist as that will change its predetermined order; thus, failing to promote the main track.
- To add the same song to the same playlist more than once, simply tap “Yes” when prompted.
Why streaming on Amazon Music is important:
Streaming on Amazon Music is important for music charts, including Billboard, and helps boost BTS’ sales. Furthermore, popular tracks receive more exposure to the general public.