Google Play is a widely used digital distribution service developed and operated by Google. Aside from being the official app store for Android devices that support Google Play, it also serves as a digital media store that offers music, ebooks, movies, and more.
NOTE: Google Play Music will be shutting down and switching to YouTube Music from September, 2020.
How to create a Google Play Music account:
- Open the Google Play Music app.
- Tap “Menu” then click on “Settings.”
- There is an option to start a free 30-day trial. If the free trial has already been used, select “Subscribe.”
- You must be able to start using your account.
How to purchase songs on Google Play:
- Open the Google Play Music app, and click “Browse Music.”
- Search the album.
- Tap “Buy Music,” then choose your payment option. If one does not appear, choose the “Add Card” option to add a payment method.
- Sign up with Google Checkout, and submit your credit card or other payment information. You may be asked to type in your Google password as well.
- Select “Confirm.” The song or album will be added to your music library.
- Since purchasing no less than 10 tracks from the same album is equivalent to 1 album sale, buying separately will not only contribute to the Billboard Hot 100 chart but also to the Billboard 200 Album chart.