Weverse Smart TV App Service Now Available
December 29 KST
Hello from Weverse.
We are excited to announce that Weverse smart TV app is now available, offering you an easier way to enjoy your favorite media content on Weverse.
With the smart TV app, you can watch the collection of free and exclusive Weverse content on bigger screens.
Please read below for more information.
Weverse Smart TV App Service Information
1. App will become available on December 29 at 11:00 a.m. KST.
2. List of TVs supported:
- Samsung smart TV models released in 2018 or after (TIZEN OS 4.0).
- Apps for LG smart TV and Android TV will become available from January 2020.
- The supported TVs will be made available by each manufacturer only in the countries that offer app stores and related services.
- Paid Weverse content can be played only on one smart TV. Regardless of the smart TV app, the playback is available only on one device, either PC or mobile; however, one smart TV and one PC can play the content at the same time.
For example, In the SOOP: BTS ver. can be played on one smart TV and one mobile device at the same time.
3. How To Use:
- Samsung smart TV > APPS > Download > Open the Weverse app > Open.
- Log in: Open Weverse mobile app > Tap “More” > Tap “Settings” at the top right > Tap “Log In With QR Code” > Scan QR code with the camera.
- You can log in with the QR code only with Weverse app version v.1.5.0 or above.
- You can log in to only one smart TV for smart TV app services, regardless of the manufacturer.
4. Available Content
- Video content on Weverse media including paid videos.
- To watch the content you purchased on both Weverse and Weverse Shop mobile apps, log in to Weverse smart TV app with the same accounts.
- To watch the content you haven’t purchased yet, you must purchase the content first on Weverse and Weverse Shop mobile apps.
5. Unavailable Content
- Images on the Weverse mobile app.
- YouTube content on Weverse mobile app including the light stick sync videos.
- Online concerts, fan meetings, and other live video content.
6. Available Languages
- English, Korean, and Japanese.
- English, Korean, Japanese, or Chinese subtitles are available depending on the content; you can turn on the subtitles on the content player.
- Different contents will have different subtitles.
7. Video Quality
- Available in AUTO, 720p HD, 1080p FHD, and 4K.
- Only a selection of videos is available in 4K.
8. Scheduled Updates
- Continued playback from Weverse mobile app to smart TV app is expected to roll out in February 2021.
This feature allows you to continue watching the content that is being played from the mobile app to the smart TV app.
Start watching awesome content on bigger screens with the smart TV app!
Official for All Fans, Weverse